Competition Terms and Conditions
We like to be crystal clear about how this website works...
1) These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
2) The Rules apply to any competition (the 'Competition') that is promoted on the Life After London website (www.lifeafterlondon.com) and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
3) Life After London Limited reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of Life After London Limited's reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the Life After London website (www.lifeafterlondon.com). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
4) In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Life After London Limited shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Life After London Limited.
5) By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Life After London Limited reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
6) Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
7) Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons of any age. Life After London Limited assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the Competition and these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Life After London Limited's satisfaction that their parent/guardian has given their consent to such entry.
8) Life After London Limited reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Life After London Limited disqualifying that person, without Life After London Limited giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
9) Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including Life After London Limited); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. Life After London Limited reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
10) In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, Life After London Limited will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
11) Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
12) There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
13) Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that Life After London Limited discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
14) Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, Life After London Limited accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
15) Prize-winners will be selected at random and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Life After London Limited in its sole discretion).
16) Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, Life After London Limited reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
17) Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason Life After London Limited reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
18) Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, Life After London Limited reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
19) Life After London Limited accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
20) Life After London Limited accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
21) You agree that Life After London Limited (and any third party authorised by Life After London Limited) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the Life After London website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Life After London Limited the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Life After London Limited (and any third party authorised by Life After London Limited) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
22) Life After London Limited will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
23) All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident within the UK) or country of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident outside the UK); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
24) The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
25) The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).